From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Fw: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:10:48 GMT
Any volunteers?

Forwarded by Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch>
 From:    Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
 To:      community@apache.org
 Date:    Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:02:18 +0200
 Subject: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?
----

Hi,

a quick look at
<http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?RecentChanges> should
tell you why.

During the past weeks there have been at most four or five real
content edits per week.  At the same time our Wiki has attracted an
asian spammer that seems to be switching IP addresses so that blocking
probably won't work (at least I failed to see a system).

There still seem to be a few projects that use this Wiki instance
instead of wiki.apache.org, namely Axis, XML general, Pluto and maybe
FOP.

I hope that some people of those projects are subscribed here.  Please
ask for your own Wiki instance (with access control and commit mails)
and let's turn off that unmaintained thing.

Stefan