From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Applying patches
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 10:26:20 GMT
Team,

sorry but another newbie committer question:

I downloaded a patch program from the internet. Not sure if there is a
specific one I need, or whether they all conform to a standard. When I try to
run the patch program with unified patch file in the xml-fop directory, it
cant figure out the locations of the files its supposed to be patching. I
thought it would just read the following line:

RCS file:
/home/cvspublic/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/TextLayoutManager.java,v

I tried telling it to strip the first 2 components of the path, but no difference.

I need a patch program for windows. Can anyone offer advice? I ended up
applying the patch manually.

Chris