From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Implicit grants (FOP hyphenation)
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:29:39 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> But that's not the reason I write this. I've done the relicensing on the
> XML FOP project and was again confronted with our hyphenation files. Two
> of them now have the ALv2 header because for these two files all legal
> problems have been dealt with

I don't think it is necessary to put *all* files under APL. If we can
assume the content had been granted, and there is no infformation to
the contrary and no incompatible license already in the file, we can
just leave it as it is, or perhaps add something to the effect
  "... has been contributed to FOP and is assumed to be licensed
  for all purposes FOP can be used. Contact the authors stated above
  for further details."
(unless license@ says otherwise, of course)
Tracking down the original committer from CVS might help too, but
in general I wouldn't loose much further sleep on the whole issue.

Of course, newly contributed files should be put under APL which
means all issues have to be resolved before the file is committed to
CVS.

J.Pietschmann