From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: fo:page-number-citation
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:45:42 GMT
estelle.bochinger wrote:
> I have a problem with the insertion of the
> fo:page-number-citation.
> It proves that when I insert the element
> fo:page-number-citation in a flow of text, the text overflows
> in the margin.
> I read that it was about a limitation of fop but I would like
> to know if that will be to correct in the next versions?

This is caused by page-number-citations which point to pages
not yet rendered at the time the page-number-citation is
rendered, so called forward references.
You can try to arrange your FO source so that this situation
doesn't happen, for example put the TOC after the main text
rather than in front of it.
Also, the most recent FOP release 0.20.5rc reserves more space
for the page number, it should work at least up to 99 pages and
for most fonts up to 999 pages. Check whether this solves your
problem.
As for a proper fix, this is on the todo list but it is undecided
whether it will go into the pending release.

J.Pietschmann