From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: FOP logo
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:35:23 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
>
>> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>
>>> - Do we like our current logo? :-)
>
> Uh!
>
>> Should admit I spent a couple of hours trying to implement my ideas
>> about the logo (leading motifs were medieval typographic dropcaps and
>> a parrot as (imho) the most foppish animal) but I'm too bad artist and
>> the results were too ugly :)
>

> What about a TeX-parody?
>   +---      +--\
>   |         |  |
>   +-- /--\  +--/
>   |  |    | |
>   |  |    | |
>      |    |
>       \--/
>
> Colored as the current logo, or more in shades like the
> Apache feather? (feather - part of a parrot - hmm)

Clare's designs (see previous post) were based on a quill inking in the
"P" in a large "FOP" on a page which also contained Chancery-stle text
in a smaller font.  The quill was originally supposed to be a connection
with the Apache feather, but apparently that particular feather "didn't
work", and the Apache colours were too garish.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"