From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject FOP logo
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:27:32 GMT
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>> - Do we like our current logo? :-)
>
> That's a big question actually :) afair Keiron said the current logo
> should be at least brighten to fit forrest-ed site design better or
> suggested to make the logo contest. Should admit I spent a couple of
> hours trying to implement my ideas about the logo (leading motifs were
> medieval typographic dropcaps and a parrot as (imho) the most foppish
> animal) but I'm too bad artist and the results were too ugly :)
> My suggestion is to announce the new FOP logo contest in fop-user list
> or broader, like recent Amaya welcome page contest[1] (the winner gets
> bragging rights). Then we can vote among developers or users, how the idea?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/contest.html

I mentioned the need for a logo some months ago to an acquaintance of
mine who is a graphics design student.  She came up with some
interesting ideas, but they were incomplete the last time I spoke to her
(just before Christmas.)  I will try to get in touch with her again, and
get her to post some of her sketches for comment.

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"