xmlgraphics-fop-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Font refactoring
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:25:10 GMT
Hi there

I've finally finished a multiday block of refactoring. Well, the
refactoring alone didn't take so long. Javadocs and checkstyle took me
two days. But we're down to a little bit under 4500 errors. :-)

What did I do?
- Moved the TrueType parsing classes to a subpackage
  (org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype)
- Moved some general font classes in org.apache.fop.render.pdf to
  org.apache.fop.fonts.
- Also the Base 14 fonts that are generated from XML are now located in
  org.apache.fop.fonts.base14 because the PostScript renderer can use
  them, too, for example.
- I've changed the FontMetrics and FontDescriptor interfaces slightly to
  be a little bit more intuitive which they still aren't. :-) At least
  the javadocs should make everything a bit clearer now.
- I've changed some methods to better conform to the bean specs.
- I've removed or commented out code that wasn't used anywhere.
- I improved code that caught my eye at random, but without changing
  semantics.
- I've added a lot of javadocs
- I've fixed a lot of checkstyle errors

All in all, I think the font stuff is now better prepared for a second
refactoring block towards centralized font management and direct reading
of fonts (without XML font metrics). But there's still a lot to do.

The stuff compiles and works (as far as I can tell) with the exception
of a UnsupportedOperationException which I introduced and shouldn't have.
Will fix that in a minute.

Jeremias Maerki


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: fop-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: fop-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message