From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.co.jp>
Subject Re: CID font patch
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 03:51:16 GMT

Stephane Bline wrote:

> Tore,
>
> When trying to generate a japanese pdf that embeds the Cyberbit font, I've
> got a couple of strange problems:
>
> * The text in the pdf bookmarks does not display any Japanese characters but
> the weird usual series of characters that mean: I did not get the encoding
> of that ;)
> * The Japanese text in the pdf goes "beyond" the margins (no return)
> * I cannot print the generated pdf !
>
> Any ideas ?

I think the allowed encodings for PDF bookmark text and annotations are
different from what you can use for normal rendered text. Maybe the
problem is something along those lines.
The problem of japanese text going beyond the margins, I think is due to
what we've been discussing about FOP not splitting in between japanese
characters because it treats the whole string of ja characters as a
single word and it can't break it.

Carlos