From Art Welch <ar...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: Draw charts other ways and use FOP PDF generation?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:05:43 GMT
If any of the chart tools can generate an SVG then you may be able to embed
that within a FOP created PDF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Parker [mailto:randall@nls.net]
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 1:39 PM
To: Apache FOP Development
Subject: Draw charts other ways and use FOP PDF generation?

I want to use FOP to generate some of my reports. But I also have a need to
use some bar and tape charting Java library for doing some pages. Well, is
it possible to use some other library to render a
page and then use the FOP PDF generator class (whatever its called) to take
that and generate a PDF file with it?

I'm thinking of using one of these:
   JBChart http://www.hallogram.com/jbchart/
   JRefinery http://www.jrefinery.com
   Chart Works http://www.netcharts.com/
   j-tchart http://www.javaside.com/j_tchart.html
   jClass Chart http://www.klgroup.com/jclass/chart/index.html

I want to write my entire reporting system in Java to produce PDF and yet do
not expect FOP to have enough functionality to make charting easy enough and
fancy enough.

Does this sound like a crazy idea? It'd kinda unite all output to go thru a
single final stage formatting funnel.