From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Batik problems in Cocoon 2.2
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:50:12 GMT
Hi Fawzib,

Fawzib Rojas <f_rojas@spectron-msim.com> wrote on 10/21/2010 12:46:13 PM:

> Since it cant find the attribute, there is no namespace. I added
> some code so that if there is no namespace it adds it.
>
> After those changes things moved along a little bit farther down the
> line but now batik gives me a NullPointerException in
> JPEGTranscoder.writeImage, I checked the output stream and it is
> valid, so must be something else:

        It probably isn't finding the JPEG writer. So this line:

            ImageWriter writer = ImageWriterRegistry.getInstance()
                .getWriterFor("image/jpeg");

        Is returning NULL.  This is typically caused by Batik not
being able to find the file:

resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.batik.ext.awt.image.spi.ImageWriter

        Or potentially an inability to create the JPEGImageWriter
(possibly due to a lack of the com.sun.image.codec.jpeg classes.