From Julien Beghin <minimoi1...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Getting BBox on non-graphic application
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:00:32 GMT

Hi Janet,
Batik is developped as an Apache Project and its license is : Apache License, Version 2.0.
SVG is a W3C Recommendation, and I don't know what king of license applies to it....
Maybe you could search info at www.w3c.org website

Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:51:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Getting BBox on non-graphic application
From: janet.kostrevski@gmail.com
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

Hello Julien,

I would like to know who is in charge of licenses and license agreements for Batik & SVG?

Thank you in advance.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Julien Beghin <minimoi1234@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Batik World !
We are working on a server-side SVG generator : The are getting an XML file, and we are converting
its data to SVG.
The main part of the process is done and is OK, but we are facing a problem of bounded box.
Our problem is that we have to sort "rectangles" by size in order to put the bigger items
first in the generated SVG (so in the background of displayed SVG) and the smallests at the
end of the list( on the top of the SVG)?
This sort is done so that we can select all our rectangles.
So now the difficult part for us is to do this sort without rendering the SVG, and consequently
without getting their Bounded Boxes ?
Do any of you have already done something like this ?
Can you give some advice or orientations on the way this is possible ?
Thanks and Regards,

Janet Kostrevski
Viziis Vyzantos 18, 40 Ekklisies
Thessaloniki, Greece 54636