From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Nabble mailing list interface: migration request
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:47:42 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've asked [1] the Nabble team to migrate the Batik forums [2] to the
newest format. There were some issues with the current
(old.nabble.com), detailed in my request [1] for whoever is curious,
and I believe that migrating to the current (nabble2) interface is
probably better than hanging to something which is frozen and might
get into more issues as time elapses. ;-)  As a negative side-effect,
new accounts will need to be created. Sorry for the hassle! :-)

(For who doesn't know, Nabble [3] is a mailing list interface service
which beside indexing them, allows to post directly from the site and,
specially, provides search features which AFAIK the official interface
[4] [5] doesn't provide - if anyone is aware of how to perform
searches using the official interface, please correct me! On the other
hand, Nabble only indexes messages since about 2005-6 therefore older
threads are missing.)

Cheers,
 Helder

[1] http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/Migrating-forums-from-Nabble1-to-Nabble2-td3791390i220.html#a5620036