From Tonny Kohar <tonny.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convert SVG to Java-Shapes?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:27:48 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 4:09 AM, LP <java.jago@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your very detailed explanation. It really helped a
> lot for me to understand it. You were right, I did find an easier way
> by using the standard DOM interfaces. Still, GVT seems very
> interesting and I am happy I looked into it.

It is very important to understand Apache Batik architecture
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/architecture.html

>From the architecture diagram above, you will see that GVT is a low
level modules which have close relationship with the renderer
(contrasted with SVG DOM which is on the higher level).

So if you need low level access to the Java Shape used by rendering
engine, you need to go deep into GVT from Bridge. The Bridge is the
linking between DOM and GVT

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--