From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Xlink Problem
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:28:02 GMT
Hi Kerschbaum,

"Kerschbaum Michael " <m.kerschbaum@pke.at> wrote on 08/06/2008 07:54:08
AM:

> I have still some problems. Currently with links in an SVG File.
> When we define a link via xlink into a nother svg File, sometimes
> the area for this link is not recognized as link (normally the mouse
> courser changed, and when you click on the area the link is exectued
> via the openLink method in the SVGUserAgent interface)
>
> I looks like that sometimes the Elements in the SVG Tree does not
> react on Events . e.g.

   My guess is that you have an event listener somewhere high in the tree
(like the root SVG node) and you are listening during the 'bubble' phase
of event propagation.  Since the Anchor captures the event to change
the cursor and handle clicks it never bubbles back to the root of the
SVG document.  So the simplest solution would be to change your event
listener to listen during the 'capture' phase of event propagation
(see the DOM level 2 Events Spec).