From "Mark Fortner" <phidia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Squiggle in Ubuntu 8.04
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:38:44 GMT
I've seen similar problems on Ubuntu with other applications.  In my
case, blank dialogs would appear.  I've found that if I resized the
dialog and made it reappear, then it repainted properly.  The problem
may be a Swing problem or a Compiz problem.

That said, I've run the Squiggle application without any problems
using both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Java.  I'm running the Batik
1.7, and the 64-bit version of Hardy with the latest version of
Compiz.

Hope this helps,

Mark

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Helder Magalhães
<helder.magalhaes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? (i'm using java 5 from
>> sun, not the default gcj)
>
> I've already made a few experiments with Squiggle, within Ubuntu 8.04,
> also using Sun Java (though I guess I'm using latest available
> version) and have never experienced the symptoms described.
>
> If you have Sun Java installed, I'd suggest a quick attempt to run a
> nightly build [1] using the Web start provided [2]. ;-) This may help
> checking if there's something wrong with your (console?) execution
> environment. ;-)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
>  Helder Magalhães
>
> [1] http://arc.mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/