From "Manu Cornet" <manu.cor...@gmail.com>
Subject getBBox before transcoding?
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 04:53:26 GMT
Hi everyone,

[Gogole did not help me, if this is a really dumb question please tell
me where I should rtfm :-) ]

I'm trying to flip an element horizontally ("mirror"), and a standard
SVG 'transform="scale(-1,1)"' attribute would work great, but I would
like to avoid modifying the object's coordinates (currently its x
obvsiouly becomes -x).

I tried casting the element into an SVGLocatable, but since I'm doing
this before doing any rendering (at the end I am transcoding the SVG
to a bitmap) the getBBox returns null, as expected I guess.

Do you guys know any easy workaround for this (apart from hardcoding
the X and Y in the SVG and using translate)? Is there, say, a way to
do some kind of a dummy rendering of the SVG just to get the bouding
boxes right?

I will obviously be happy to post any extra information if it's needed :-)

Thanks a lot for your answers!!
Manu