From Andreas Neumann <a.neum...@carto.net>
Subject Re: Font support
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:10:44 GMT
I don't think that CEF fonts are very relevant. Are they really in use
out there?

Adobe Illustrator (at least the newer versions CS2 and CS3) does a good
job exporting SVG fonts (both full font sets and subsets) - so why not
use SVG fonts? Most SVG viewers out there - except Mozilla - support SVG
fonts - at least the d-attribute.

Andreas

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Oh, right. It's funny: when I searched for CEF I found posts by myself
> from a few years back. Well, I know my brain isn't perfect. ;-) Anyway,
> CEF is not properly described by Adobe. I haven't been able to find a
> specification. The best hint you can find is this:
> http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/50568.htm
>
> So if anyone wanted to add support for this font format, that person is
> up for some reverse-engineering or asking around in the FreeType
> project:
> http://markmail.org/message/f5wjx5ymbwvbsooi
>
> On 14.08.2008 15:39:42 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
>> It may  be stupid, but in illlustrator its referred to as Adobe CEF fonts..
>> Gues its still not supported.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>wrote:
>>
>>> I assume you mean "CFF", not "CEF". And yes, TrueType/OpenType fonts
>>> with CFF glyphs (Compact Font Format) are not supported for PDF output,
>>> yet. SVG fonts are the work-around. Better would be a patch against FOP
>>> to add CFF support. ;-) Shouldn't be too difficult to implement but so
>>> far nobody's itch has been big enough.

>>> but

>>> Jeremias Maerki
>>>

> Jeremias Maerki