From "Archie Cobbs" <arc...@dellroad.org>
Subject Re: Squiggle in Ubuntu 8.04
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:43:07 GMT
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Giselle Machado <giselle.mnr@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I downloaded the nightly build but I still have the same problem... It
> works with java 6 though, not with 5. But what I am developing must work
> with java 5 =/
>
> In this application I use a JSVGCanvas to display a SVG, and, according to
> the listeners, the render is completed, but nothing appears in the window...
> only the background that was set (even if I resize it). Nevertheless, when I
> save the image as a jpg, it actually is there.

Sometimes I've seen Swing lock up temporarily on Linux. If you hit CTRL-\ in
the Java console, you'll get a thread dump that shows two threads deadlocked
somewhere in the X11 native code.

May or may not be your problem, but it would be interesting to see what's
going on in the thread dump (in particular, check the Swing event dispatcher
thread).

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs