From "Nirmesh Desai" <nde...@autonomy.com>
Subject RE: Squiggle in Ubuntu 8.04
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:49:38 GMT

I also notice that javascript (I have just one onclick event that triggers update of ~10 elements)
is slow in batik than in adobe or mozilla.

Any tips (or where to find tips) on making javascripts faster in batik will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Nirmesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: Helder Magalhães [mailto:helder.magalhaes@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:17 AM
To: batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Squiggle in Ubuntu 8.04

> Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on? (i'm using java 5 from
> sun, not the default gcj)

I've already made a few experiments with Squiggle, within Ubuntu 8.04,
also using Sun Java (though I guess I'm using latest available
version) and have never experienced the symptoms described.

If you have Sun Java installed, I'd suggest a quick attempt to run a
nightly build [1] using the Web start provided [2]. ;-) This may help
checking if there's something wrong with your (console?) execution
environment. ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://arc.mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/