From "Nirmesh Desai" <nde...@autonomy.com>
Subject textpath <path> clone affects text positioning?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:37:27 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for all your help so far...

I am stuck at a text path issue.

I am trying to use textpath with <path> element defined.

I clone the <path> element and update 'd' attribute as per the data I
have with javascript functions.

FireFox and Renesis player seem to put the text in correct place,
however batik svg viewer seems to somehow also use the 'd' defined in
the template from where I clone the <path> element so the text keeps
changing whenever I change the 'd' value in the 'template' <path>.

I need to try to make the svg behave same in applet and the browsers.

Any pointers will be helpful..

Thanks again.

Nirmesh.