From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: textpath <path> clone affects text positioning?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:15:04 GMT
> FireFox and Renesis player seem to put the text in correct place, however
> batik svg viewer seems to somehow also use the 'd' defined in the template
> from where I clone the <path> element so the text keeps changing whenever I
> change the 'd' value in the 'template' <path>.
>
> I need to try to make the svg behave same in applet and the browsers.

As always, creating and attaching a reduced test case [1] to the
message may help receiving more and more valuable feedback. (For this
case, apparently a single SVG file containing a script snippet and
target path elements will do the trick.)

Just a though: are you deep cloning the element (i.e.,
"cloneNode(true)" [2])?. If not, then it is Firefox and Renesis who
may be suffering from issues, as non-deep copies of DOM subtrees
should act as "use" elements, that is, when you manipulate a non-deep
cloned element, the referenced element is the one who is actually
changed.

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://webkit.org/quality/reduction.html