From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batik 1.7 text rendering issues
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:35:31 GMT
>    I don't have anything against this (as it's a fairly simple thing to
> enable through reflection) but do you know how to determine which of the
> 4 LCD dot patterns to use?

I'm not sure if this is even possible to determine automatically. If
not, maybe one could be able to do this using a preference: possibly a
new tab in Squiggle preferences, for example, where a canvas for each
dot pattern was showed. Something like the "ClearType Tuner" applet
[1] which allows tweaking Windows text smoothing. :-)

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypePowerToy.mspx