From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a0:space="preserve"
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 02:03:47 GMT
> which is referenced by XMLHttpRequest
> (which I got partway through implementing).)

These are good news! :-) Could I add Batik's XHR support as "underway"
in the SVG implementations Viewer Matrix [1] ("Communication" row) or
is it just too soon? ;-)

At least temporarily (I hope), I had to stall my XHR experiments
regarding Web browser applet integration... :-(

I've stated something related in a SVG-WG mailing list thread [2] (and
in some IRC sparkles), where I strongly feel that making the
communication methods homogeneous for SVG would potentially cause an
SVG implementations deployment boost. XHR support by Batik would
surely be a helper here. Weirdly enough, at least for me, my post [2]
hasn't received any feedback to date. Probably I'll ping the SVG-WG
mailing list in a few weeks as I'd love to see an official position on
this (high priority, IMO) subject. :-)

Regards,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://wiki.svg.org/Viewer_Matrix