From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Font support
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:56:03 GMT
Oh, right. It's funny: when I searched for CEF I found posts by myself
from a few years back. Well, I know my brain isn't perfect. ;-) Anyway,
CEF is not properly described by Adobe. I haven't been able to find a
specification. The best hint you can find is this:
http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/50568.htm

So if anyone wanted to add support for this font format, that person is
up for some reverse-engineering or asking around in the FreeType
project:
http://markmail.org/message/f5wjx5ymbwvbsooi

On 14.08.2008 15:39:42 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
> It may  be stupid, but in illlustrator its referred to as Adobe CEF fonts..
> Gues its still not supported.
>
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch>wrote:
>
> > I assume you mean "CFF", not "CEF". And yes, TrueType/OpenType fonts
> > with CFF glyphs (Compact Font Format) are not supported for PDF output,
> > yet. SVG fonts are the work-around. Better would be a patch against FOP
> > to add CFF support. ;-) Shouldn't be too difficult to implement but so
> > far nobody's itch has been big enough.
> >
> > On 14.08.2008 14:54:00 Lars Eirik Rønning wrote:
> > > Hi.
> > > I am exporting my illustrator file to svg. I prefer to embed my fonts,
> > but
> > > it seems that adobe CEF type fonts are not supported when generating pdf
> > > from batik?
> > > Is this correct?
> > > Should i just settle for using svg fonts?
> > >
> > > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Lars
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki