From "John C. Turnbull" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject RE: Batik 1.7 text rendering issues
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 06:07:04 GMT
Hi Cameron,

That property could be useful but how can it determine which type of monitor is connected
to the "Desktop"?  I think the optimal rendering hints for text depend on the monitor and
especially whether it's CRT vs. LCD.

I think the only reliable option is, as has already been suggested, to provide the user with
a text tuning screen which displays text rendered using the various hints and allows them
to select the most legible one.

-JCT