From "John C. Turnbull" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Batik 1.7 text rendering issues
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:17:36 GMT
I am looking at Batik for the first time and I have done a little bit of
experimentation with the "text-rendering" attribute yielding some puzzling
results.

I would have thought that the option "optimizeLegibility" would produce the
"nicest" text or at least the most readable but it seems that Batik does not
use anti-aliasing at all with this option set.  However, when I specify the
option "geometricPrecision" which I would have thought would result in
plainer text, I do see anti-aliasing and the text is much more readable
(although still not as readable or as clear as I would like it to be on an
LCD screen).

Is this is the intended behaviour or am I misreading this whole issue?  I am
using Java 6 Update 10 on Windows Vista.

Thanks,

-JCT