From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: Attrbutes Generated For USE tag
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:29:53 GMT
Hi Dylan,

"Dylan Browne" <dbrowne@mango-solutions.com> wrote on 04/11/2008 09:07:44
AM:

> I didn?t appreciate that the spec defines that those attributes
> should be included. I had just got as far as experimenting and
> finding that an SVG file without those attributes included ?worked?,
> but is obviously not compliant SVG.

   To be clear, an SVG file without those attributes absolutely
_is_ compliant SVG.  However as I understand it a DOM without
those attributes would not be compliant as the DTD specifies a
value if they are not set in the document.

   We include them in our output as they should be harmless and
makes the output more clearly reflect the internal state that
was serialized.  That said it should probably be an option to
omit unspecified attributes.