From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Additional info: things I've tried to get batik to update but have not worked:
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:36:36 GMT
Hi Rob,

Rob Davis-5 <tech@robertjdavis.co.uk> wrote on 04/01/2008 08:08:54 AM:

> I don't need to use Runnable Queue after all.

    Correct, the RunnableQueue is needed if you are using the
Swing component to draw the document.

> I just compile a list and remove them using DOM so that outputted XML has
> them omitted. This is what I need to do.

> int idx = compositeGraphicsNode.indexOf(graphicsNode);
> System.out.println("match");
> compositeGraphicsNode.remove(idx);

   To be clear this is not the DOM.  This is the GVT tree
which is 'semi-private' internals of Batik.  If you removed
the node using the DOM (Element.removeChild) then your change
would have been reflected when you transcoded (however it
would still would be inefficient from the perspective that
the transcoder would 'rebuild' the graphics tree that you
already built once).