From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject RE: Parsing SVG and grouping actions
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:42:55 GMT
Hi Michael, Keywan

"Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Michael.Bishop@je.jfcom.mil> wrote on
04/08/2008 01:49:10 PM:

> I'd started with using SVGGraphics2D and found it wasn't the way to
> go and with a lot of help from this list, got started on the
> implementation we have today.  I think your questions will be
> invalidated if you go this route.  SVGGraphics2D is really intended
> to render an entire document at once, not a create/update/delete model.

   This is correct, the SVG Graphics2D is really intended as a way to
capture existing drawing code into SVG.  The SVGGraphics2D is a heavy
weight way to generate SVG elements.  Using createElementNS and
setAttributeNS is genereally only slightly more verbose code and
will generally produce cleaner (and hence probably faster to render
and easier to manage) documents.