From Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetw...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Filling a rectangle with a tiled pattern of .png files
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:22:57 GMT
Lea,

batik relies on more detail please use something like:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1"
baseProfile="full" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
height="297mm" width="210mm">
<title>Arabian geometric tiled background</title>

a title is not required, but according to the specification should be
included.

regards

~:"

on os x there is a rather more useful error dialogue:
The prefix "xlink" for attribute "xlink:href" associated with an
element type "pattern" is not bound.