From Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetw...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: how can I create a svg with transparent background in batik?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:10:27 GMT
not sure how to author at all using batik, perhaps someone maybe you
could send me a pointer?

in general backgrounds will be transparent, unless a rectangle is
defined to fill the svg as in the attached signature using this file:
http://www.peepo.co.uk/temp/Thundery-shower.svg

remove the initial rectangle and the svg has a transparent background.
alternatively set the opacity to a low number such as 0.004, this will
retain the interactivity onmouseover if desired

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.iconomy.org/