From "Dylan Browne" <dbro...@mango-solutions.com>
Subject Attrbutes Generated For USE tag
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:31:00 GMT
Hi all,

I have a question about the attributes that are added into my “use” tag when I generate
it. Basically I am attempting to ‘streamline’ my SVG to reduce file size, so any attributes
that are not required I’d like to strip out.

My code looks like this…

Element plotCh = doc.createElementNS(SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI, SVG12Constants.SVG_USE_TAG);

                   plotCh.setAttributeNS(XMLConstants.XLINK_NAMESPACE_URI, "xlink:href", "#"
+ type);

                   plotCh.setAttributeNS(null, SVG12Constants.SVG_TRANSFORM_ATTRIBUTE, "translate("
+ x + "," + y + ")" + "scale(" + scale + ")");

The resultant SVG looks like this:

<use transform="translate(74.57333333333332,96.58609675667977)scale(5.0)" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:href="#circle" xlink:type="simple" xlink:actuate="onLoad" xlink:show="embed">

I was wondering if there was a way I could remove the inclusion of the xlink namespace etc,
as these are defined in the root of my SVG document?

I’ve tried doing a removeAttributeNS but either this is not possible or I am attempting
to reference them by the wrong namespace. I’ve tried variations on something like this:

plotCh.removeAttributeNS(XMLConstants.XLINK_NAMESPACE_URI, "xlink:show");

PS This is topic I raised many moons ago, and kindly received some tips from Thomas. For reference:

http://www.nabble.com/Displaying-JPEG-file-in-SVG-in-batik-td4988720.html#a5430782

Thanks in advance as always,

Dylan

mangosolutions

  Tel   +44 (0)1249 767700

  Mob/Cell +44 (0)7720 897180

  Fax  +44 (0)1249 767707

Mango have moved - our new address is Ground Floor, Unit 2 Greenways Business Park, Chippenham
SN15 1BN