From "Helder Magalhães" <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flow problem
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:43:06 GMT
>  I'm using Batik in just a very small way in some Web applications... our
> graphic designer comes up with these designs for web pages that call for
> page headings, etc. to be displayed in various artistic fonts that browser's
> don't know about... so, I use SVG to render the text and rasterize it to PNG
> or whatever.

> Any desperate suggestions for me to try before I pull the plug on SVG for this application?

Although slightly off-thread and rather off-forum... Why not give
Inkscape [1] a chance? It's a full authoring environment, has been
recently updated [2] and supports (AFAIK) exporting to raster formats.

No, I'm not trying to steal credit from Batik... It _is_ a great
framework, and in this scope seems a very useful tool to automate
tasks like batch conversion to other formats (not only raster but to
PDF also). Of course the potential issue being discussed in this
thread _still_ deserves being properly identified, analized and fixed,
but Inkscape can help in the meantime.

BTW: both links reffered have shown a "Resource Not Found" error:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/Volumes/data1/wd/projects/WesternConstruction/site/prod/webapp/content/navmenu-heading.png
(No such file or directory)

Regards,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.inkscape.org/