From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Batik and SVG into layered PDF
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:33:00 GMT

On 07.04.2008 22:02:43 Honza Miksatko wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to convert SVG with layers (implemented as <g> groups) into PDF
> with layers. Batik unfortunately produces a PDF _without_ layers. Is
> this feature of PDF supported by the rasterizer?

No. I'm not sure but I assume you mean the "Optional Content" feature
introduced with PDF 1.5 (chapter 4.10), right? At the moment, we're
creating PDF 1.4 only. In PDF 1.4, there's no notion of layers.

> If not, do you know by chance a tool that supports it?

Hmm, wrong question. The right question would be: How can I help you
guys to implement this missing feature? ;-)

> Thanks,
> Jan

Jeremias Maerki