From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: SVG Animation Engine and DOM update ?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:19:58 GMT
Hi Tonny.

Tonny Kohar:
> Is SVG Animation Engine does not update its timing value when the DOM
> update occured eg: setting the begin attribute ?
> or I am doing the wrong things when updating DOM node attribute ?

No, updating the animation-related attributes doesn’t cause the
animations to changed.  I cannot find it right now, but there is some
wording in SVG 1.1 or SMIL Animation that suggests that changes to
animation elements after they have been inserted into the document
should be ignored.

I think in the end Batik should change to allow such changes, though.
In the meantime, you need to remove the element from the document, make
the changes, then re-insert it.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/