From Rob Davis-5 <t...@robertjdavis.co.uk>
Subject Re: Additional info: things I've tried to get batik to update but have not worked:
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:11:35 GMT

Yes, it is working because I am using the DOM to delete the elements affected
by the non-compliant CSS - from a list obtained by recursively searching the
GVT tree - and then using the bridge context to get the equivalent affected
DOM element each time to therefore build a list.

Even though I am using pure DOM to delete the elements, I rely upon the GVT
and associated batik css engine classes to find the affected elements in
order to build the DOM list of elements. For example, I'm using:

import org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSStyleSheetNode;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.Rule;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.SVGCSSEngine;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleDeclaration;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleRule;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.StyleSheet;
import org.apache.batik.css.engine.sac.CSSConditionalSelector;

This is absolutely fine as far as I'm concerned. Batik is a great tool, but
it is barely documented in this area. Using the Eclipse IDE debugger really
helped! The other thing I would restate is that the batik css does not seem
to totally comply with the DOM CSS Java interface specification. Some of the
batik CSS classes do not implement the DOM CSS interface.

I'd still be interested to know how I could remove the elements while
traversing the GVT tree, without getting a concurrent modification
exception, and so that the resultant SVG XML output to a text file shows
these removed.