From Rob Davis-5 <t...@robertjdavis.co.uk>
Subject Re: Solution: How to filter/clip SVG elements in a certain region in drawing and get resultant SVG-XML (Can you do better?)
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:01:32 GMT

Thomas,
thanks. However my solution works with detecting inside/outside an irregular
shape, i.e. not just rectangles.

I can see how to make my solution more efficient, as I probably don't need
to use the DOM Tree Walker - I can traverse the batik GVT tree instead. (It
was a good exercise to learn about the DOM Tree Walker any way - the Oreilly
Java and XML book is quite good for this and this article:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/02/08/dom.html?page=1 is a good
example.)

I would like to remove the elements outside of the shape as I traverse the
GVT tree. This would be the most efficient solution. But I think I'll run
into problems with Concurrent Modification Exception. The solution might be
to do this inside RunnableQueue - but you said in another thread that this
is only for Swing. Comments?

I'll probably settle for the GVT traversal to return me a NodeList to then
remove elements from  - I know I can do this without problems.
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Solution%3A-How-to-filter-clip-SVG-elements-in-a-certain-region-in-drawing-and-get-resultant-SVG-XML-%28Can-you-do-better-%29-tp16467384p16536330.html