From Rob Davis-5 <t...@robertjdavis.co.uk>
Subject Re: [correction] Solution: Code to combine parent elements transform applied to element
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:40:42 GMT

thomas.deweese wrote:

>    Just trying to understand the purpose of this class, and make sure
> you are aware of alternatives.  Once you have loaded an SVG into Batik
> you can use the SVG DOM which provides methods like, getTransformToElement
> or getScreenCTM which perform much the same as the above function.

Thanks. But I had tried something like what you suggested, as it was
discussed in this forum. But it did not work for me - the wrong co-ordinates
were returned.  But maybe I did something wrong. My solution definitely
works.

I will definitely look into your suggest and get it to work. It makes sense
not to re-invent the wheel and duplicate what has already been done. Using
an existing solution built into batik means I have less code to maintain.