From Rob Davis-5 <t...@robertjdavis.co.uk>
Subject Re: Additional info: things I've tried to get batik to update but have not worked:
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 10:23:29 GMT

Hi Thomas

thomas.deweese wrote:

>    To be clear this is not the DOM.  This is the GVT tree
> which is 'semi-private' internals of Batik.  If you removed
> the node using the DOM (Element.removeChild) then your change
> would have been reflected when you transcoded (however it
> would still would be inefficient from the perspective that
> the transcoder would 'rebuild' the graphics tree that you
> already built once).

Rebuilding is not an issue for my situation although I accept that it would
be for some people. I need the modified SVG-XML for the next stage in what
I'm doing.

I've written generic extensible code to seek out style type with certain
values  in the internal style sheet. The style type and certain values are
defined by the caller of this code. The code will then find all the elements
affected by the style.

So in my situation I ask the code to get me the elements affected by
font-size being negative. I get the DOM element for each of these elements
and then just remove them in DOM.

The code is generic so it could have varied uses, not just dealing with
non-compliant SVG exported from Corel 12 which is my situation. Other people
might just want to globally manipulate certain styles.

I'll try and publish the code here when I get the chance. Actually it is
very similar to what I have already published in the original post in this
thread:
http://www.nabble.com/Modifying-internal-CSS-in-SVG-document---partial-solution---need-help-with-batik-re-draw-update-to16275087.html

Except that I've made it generic and extensible for situations other than
fonts and negative values. I think my original code here had logic errors in
it -the recursion wasn't right but I hope it was enough for people to get an
idea.