From Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni <li...@prometoys.net>
Subject RE: Parsing SVG and grouping actions
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:29:45 GMT
Hi Michael,

Am Dienstag, den 08.04.2008, 13:49 -0400 schrieb Bishop, Michael W.
CONTR J9C880:

> Our whiteboard implementation is done with Batik.  I don't use the
> SVGGraphics2D to draw; rather I translate mouse clicks and gestures
> and directly append events to the DOM.  For a rectangle, I'd capture
> the X/Y of the mouse pressed, the X/Y of the mouse released, translate
> the coordinates to the SVGDocument and create an Element based on
> that.
>
> I'd started with using SVGGraphics2D and found it wasn't the way to go
> and with a lot of help from this list, got started on the
> implementation we have today.  I think your questions will be
> invalidated if you go this route.  SVGGraphics2D is really intended to
> render an entire document at once, not a create/update/delete model.

I guessed this. But for me was SVGGraphics2D much easier to implement.
Anyway, must learn to implement it the other way.

> Our XMPP Client (with Whiteboard) can be found at
> https://xmpp.je.jfcom.mil/ and our submitted spec (written last year,
> not in 2001; the date's wrong) can be found at
> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/whiteboard2.html.

It looks interesting. I didn't found this client due to my research. Is
there any source available?

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people@world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'