From Tom McCallum <ter...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous problem
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:55:46 GMT
Glad I am not the only one! At the moment we have delayed the problem by
putting all the major functions in the update manager thread - but it
seems kind of pointless to have the asynchronous architecture and then
have to synchronise everything.

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:25:14 -0000, massimo citterio <cits@sinapto.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 13:40 +0000, Tom McCallum wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>
>> Obviously this leads to some situations where the sub-thread with the
>> 'setAttributeNS' statement has not been completely executed at the time
>> of
>> the 'getAttributeNS' statement in the java code.
>>

> I have a similar problem
>

>> By the way part of this started because I was merrily setting attributes
>> and the getAttributeNS was returning 'null', and what was happening was
>> the liveAttributeValue table had my latest and correct values in,
>
> is the liveAttributeValue  a batik property or yours?

its a batik thing.  If you look at the dom.svg.AbstractElement you will
see it set setLiveAttributeValue function.

> At the moment, I was looking for a batik method  get to know whether the
> svg is ready to be read or not (updating? rendering?), but I haven't
> found anything yet.

Hopefully :)

> I hope to read some answers here.
> bye