From massimo citterio <c...@sinapto.net>
Subject problems with beginElement() in java
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:28:16 GMT
hi all
I'm using an animation, defined in the svg,  set to indefinite

 <animateTransform id="anim"   begin="indefinite"   dur="6s"
repeatCount="indefinite"       attributeName="transform"
     attributeType="XML" type="rotate"
        from="0 360 170" to="-90"       restart="always"/>

It works (with begin="0s" ) but I cannot trigger begin and end.

I want it to start when a certain event occurs, using java
this is the code in the event listener:

  Element elt = document.getElementById("anim");
  boolean res=((SVGAnimationElement)elt).beginElement();

even though res is true, the animation doesn't begin.
this seems the same bug reported in:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-batik-users/200704.mbox/%3cBAY124-W8722283C86B8249D83721A75E0@phx.gbl%3e

What can I do?