From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: flickering in JSVGCanvas
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:45:13 GMT
Hi Marc,

Marc Doerflinger <marc.doerflinger@diligent-it.com> wrote on 06/04/2007
03:55:16 AM:

> maybe its useful if i post my code (i dont think its too much), maybe im
> doing something wrong, since im not so experienced with batik.

   To a first order everything looks fine.

> flickering appears very little when i run the program "standalone"
> meaing only a swt frame with my joystick in it. if i integrate it in our
> big application (which uses full screen swt on multiple displays) the
> flickering gets very internse and somethime the whole svg disappears.

   I suspect that SWT is "holding on" to the BufferedImage we draw
for a while after the DrawImage call is made (probably it's sent to
another thread or something).  Since we constantly reuse the buffers
and the first thing we do is clear them you get this problem.  The
longer SWT holds on to them the worse the "flicker" gets, and it just
takes longer to update a full screen.

   But this is really a total guess since I've never done anything
with SWT.