From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: AbstractMethodError for SVGOMDocument.getXmlStandalone()
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:07:32 GMT
Hi Erik,

Erik Bunn <ebu@basen.net> wrote on 11/30/2006 08:26:58 AM:

> Thomas, or anyone:
> * What is the batik schedule like - is there going to be a new
>   release soon?

  We are working towards one, but slowly.  There are still a number
of i's to dot and t's to cross, but there are currently no major
hurdles left to releasing Batik (the last major hurdle was getting
a version Rhino under a license we could bundle).

  That said we don't have a particular target date in mind.
Cameron care to comment?  What else do we need to do?

> * If not, would you have any idea what was fixed in the SVN snapshot to
>    achieve jdk1.6 compatibility? I could just patch the 1.6 sources and
>    rebuild our package until the next release.

   The 'fix' is to implement DOM level 3.  JDK 1.6 appears to
bundle DOM level 3 interfaces and it's XSLT engine appears to
use them.  The other option would be to use the xalan.jar that
we bundle (rather than the JDK one) which I suspect will work
with the Batik 1.6 release.