From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: AbstractMethodError for SVGOMDocument.getXmlStandalone()
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:35:08 GMT
Thomas DeWeese:
>   We are working towards one, but slowly.  There are still a number
> of i's to dot and t's to cross, but there are currently no major
> hurdles left to releasing Batik (the last major hurdle was getting
> a version Rhino under a license we could bundle).
>   That said we don't have a particular target date in mind.
> Cameron care to comment?  What else do we need to do?

The three real things that I think need to be done before the release

  - fix the LiveAttributeValue problem
  - write test cases for the animation support
  - get a better animation update strategy

These things I’d like:

  - some UI tweaking so that Squiggle doesn’t look ugly under Mac OS X
  - use XML Graphics Commons
  - logo!

I’d be happy if we can get a release candidate out by the end of the
year, but it might take a bit longer.

Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/