From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Converting elliptical Arc to Curve
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:07:21 GMT
Hi Sejush,

     Answers below,

"Sujesh Babu N" <sujesh.wannabe.techie@gmail.com> wrote on 10/25/2006
08:17:35 AM:

> I am a java developer new to Batik . I am working on an application ,
which
> converts SVG to SVG tiny. SVG tiny wont support elliptical arc command .
Is
> there any function/mechanism available to convert elliptical arc to
curve in Batik ?

> i am trying the following way ..

    The code up to here looks good...

> ExtendedPathIterator pathIterator = egp
>   .getExtendedPathIterator();

    I think if you just use:
        PathIterator pathIter = egp.getPathIterator(null);

    The returned PathIterator will not include any elliptical
arc commands.

> // Iterating through the path
> while (!pathIterator.isDone()) {
>     // construct new path , on the way ,
>     //try to convert elliptical arc to corresponding curve commands
>
> }

   You only need to support the SEG_* types from:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/java/awt/geom/PathIterator.html