From Andreas Neumann <neum...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: SMIL problem: SVG Fireworks - org.apache.batik.parser.ParseException
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:13:18 GMT
thanks a lot for detecting that ";". I removed it and changed .begin to
.beginEvent and everything seems to run fine now.

I also added the "static" attribute. Don't know if that helps, but at
least on my Linux box it seems to run on reasonable speed now.

Thanks a lot,
Andreas

Cameron McCormack wrote:

>Andreas Neumann:
>

>>I tested the new SVN version with the SVG fireworks example:
>>http://www.carto.net/neumann/svg/svgfireworks.svg
>>
>>The example fails and I get the following error message:
>>

>This exception is because there is an error in the document.  One of the
>begin attributes in the document has a stray semicolon at the end.
>After fixing this (and a small change just checked in to SVN), it mostly
>works (albeit a bit slowly).  What doesn’t work, though, is the
>triggering of the last 5 animations in the document based on the
>interval ends of animations inside the symbols.  I suspect this is
>because of how the animation elements are cloned in the use shadow tree.
>I think some non-trivial work will be needed to fix this.  Changing
>them to .beginEvent and .endEvent instead of .begin and .end works,
>though.

Andreas Neumann
Institute of Cartography
ETH Zurich
Wolfgang-Paulistrasse 15
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland

Phone: ++41-44-633 3031, Fax: ++41-44-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/