From Selva <selvakumar_...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Custom cursors problem
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 12:21:52 GMT
Hi All,

When i tried to add custom cursor to my svg canvas. It is throwing the
attached exception. I used the following code to add custom cursor.

Anyone please specify why it’s throwing the exception?

Element defs = doc.createElementNS(svgNS, "defs");

Element cursor = doc.createElementNS(svgNS, "cursor");
cursor.setAttributeNS(null, "id", "zoomin");
cursor.setAttributeNS(null, "xlink:href", "file:///E:/zoomin.gif");
defs.appendChild(cursor);

doc.getRootElement().appendChild(defs);
doc.getRootElement().setAttributeNS(null, "style", "cursor:url
(#zoomin),crosshair");

org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeException: null:0
The attribute "xlink:href" of the element <cursor> is required
at org.apache.batik.bridge.CursorManager.convertSVGCursorElement
(CursorManager.java:333)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.CursorManager.convertSVGCursor
(CursorManager.java:303)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.CursorManager.convertCursor(CursorManager.java:198)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.CSSUtilities.convertCursor(CSSUtilities.java:254)
at org.apache.batik.bridge.BridgeContext$DOMMouseOverEventListener.handleEvent
(BridgeContext.java:1485)
at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners
(EventSupport.java:350)
at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.fireEventListeners
(EventSupport.java:407)
at org.apache.batik.dom.events.EventSupport.dispatchEvent
(EventSupport.java:281)
at org.apache.batik.dom.AbstractNode.dispatchEvent(AbstractNode.java:1010)
.
.
.

Thanks,