From sugaw...@humane-systems.co.jp (sugawara)
Subject RE: modifying css in live svg document
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 05:03:39 GMT
Hi Roger,

> So I need to tweak the rendered elements so they pick up the new style?

I don't think so. At least, with my program, the result of the changed style
can be seen immediately without any mouse operation.
My program calls changeTextColor method which is that I told you before
in a popup menu action listener like as follws:

  RunnableQueue runQ = canvas.getUpdateManager().getUpdateRunnableQueue();
  runQ.invokeLater(new Runnable(){public void run() {
    changeTextColor(SVGDocument document, Color.red);
  }});

There is no magic other than above.

> modifying it with the CDATA mutation operators in the DOM
> updateThread.
>
> But I don't see any change in the rendered graphics until I trigger a
> redraw with a mouseover.

I'm not sure why, but I can suspect that your modifying is not run under
SVG canvas's UpdateManager thread.
Is your 'DOM updateThread' right thread?