From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Diacritical marks in batik
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 23:52:32 GMT
Hi Mario,

JavaTeam <mario_zupan@inet.hr> wrote on 05/02/2006 02:16:00 PM:

> Sorry, sorry, I had some wrong conclusions. From javaS code and I
generate
> thr svg file bellow. Diacritical marks (like Č) are displays correctly
in a
> JSVGCanvas but the printer don't print correctlly.

   I'm not sure what to say here. It's sort of out of our hands at this
point.  What sort of printer are you printing to?  Is it PostScript or
something else?  Is it possible the printer font is lacking the char?

> p.s.
> I print 2DGraphics "in a classic java API way" but it was to slow and
too
> heavy, from the memory aspect, so I red somewhere that the printing svg
file
> is finally solution for a printing graphics in java. So I decided tto
tried
> to generate svg file from java 2DGraphics (like this bellow) and printed
it.
> What do you think about the idea ?

   I'm not real sure what the win would be, in the end we just use the
Java2D API's to print to the printer.  If you printed to a PDF there might
be a win as you could then print the PDF from Acrobat or the like...

> Sorry about the english, if it is hard to understand me.

   It's pretty good, not perfect but good.